1d. Israel Must Be Fought
by Waging Jihad (Holy War)
Call to Fight Israel
- Call to Fight Israel
- Impending Victory of Islam and the Arabs Over Israel and the West
- Palestinian Authority Television
The calls to fight and eliminate Israel through Jihad (Holy War) and Martyrdom for Allah, appear frequently in the PA school books. In addition there is a separate recurring theme: the children are taught to fight and conquer Israel's capital, Jerusalem.
· "Know, my son, that Palestine is your country… that its pure soil is drenched with the blood of Martyrs… Why must we fight the Jews and drive them out of our land?" [Ed. - The map to the right accompanies this text]
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade p. 64-66]
· "…there will be a Jihad and our country shall be freed. This is our story with the thieving conquerors. You must know, my boy, that Palestine is your grave responsibility..."
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542. p. 69-70]
In the poem "Palestine" the children are taught to wage Jihad (Holy War) against Israel:
· "My brothers! The oppressors [Israel -ed.] have overstepped the boundary. Therefore Jihad and sacrafice are a duty ... are we to let them steal its Arab nature… Draw your sword… let us gather for war with red blood and blazing fire…Death shall call and the sword shall be crazed from much slaughter… Oh Palestine, the youth will redeem your land…"
The books then ask questions to emphasize the message that Israel, the enemy, is to be fought and defeated:
"2. Who are the "oppressors" to whom the poet is referring in the first verse?
3. What is the road to victory over the enemy that the poet mentions?
4. The poet urges the Arabs to undertake Jihad. Indicate the verse in which
he does so."
[Reader and Literary Texts for Eighth Grade #578 p. 120-122]
· "If you look towards the city Jerusalem, you will see the Dome of the Rock with its beautiful golden color, and you will feel you have the responsibility to free the captive Mosque and the mourning Dome from the thieving conquerors."
[Our Arabic Language , Part 1, for 4th grade. p. 28]
· "What, in your view, is the way to liberate Jerusalem, enlightened by its liberation by the Muslims in the time of Saladin [who conquered Jerusalem in 1187 -ed.]"
[Reader and Literary Texts for Eighth Grade p.102]
· "Bayonets and Torches
'…In you left hand you carried the Koran,
And in your right an Arab sword…
Without blood not even one centimeter will be liberated
Therefore, go forward crying: 'Allah is great.'"
[Ibid. p. 131-133]
"The poem represents a reality lived by Palestinians. Explain this."
[Ibid. p. 135]
· "Poems to Learn by Heart:
If the thief tears our homeland
And our people driven from the land
What is left but the call "Allah is Great"…
Who will not take hold the sword, without fear of death…
Or will hold the flag at the head of great victorious army
Lead by Al-Faruk…"[or 'Umar ibn al Khatab who conquered Jerusalem in 638.]
[Our Arabic Language, Part One for Sixth Grade #553 p. 14]
Questions on Comprehension:
Who is the thief who has torn our homeland?
What, in the poet's opinion, is the way to liberate Jerusalem?
Can Al-Faruk lead an army? Why did the poet mention him?
[Ibid. p. 15]
· "Muslims must protect all mosques … and must wage a Jihad both of life and property to liberate al-Aqsa Mosque from the Zionist conquest"
[ Islamic Education for Seventh Grade p.184]
· "Subject for Composition: "How are we going to liberate our stolen land? Make use of the following ideas: Arab unity, genuine faith in Allah, most modern weapons and ammunition, using oil and other precious natural resources as weapons in the battle for liberation."
[ Our Arabic Language for Seventh Grade Part A #566 p. 15]
· "What must we do to liberate Jerusalem?"
[Reader and Literary Texts for Eighth Grade. 578 p. 63]
· "What can we do to rescue Jerusalem and to liberate it from the thieving enemy?"
[Ibid. p. 99]
· "Make use of the following expressions making logical sentences:
Wise opinion the Zionist danger he called for a Jihad disaster remaining cool-headed."
[Our Arabic Language, Part One for Sixth Grade #553 p.29]
· "A Poem of Palestine
To Palestine greetings from Arab hearts…
Who has stubbornly and successfully resisted the chains of the enemies.
For me - the promise of Martyrdom and Palestine is my song
From Jerusalem I shall build my ladder towards eternity."
[Our Arabic Language for Second Grade , Part Two. #513 p.51]
· "The Muslim connects the holiness of al-Aqsa Mosque, and its precincts, with the holiness of the 'Sacred Mosque' and Mecca. Therefore, any aggression against one is an aggression against the other and to defend them is to defend Islam itself. Disregard of the duty in respect of them is a crime for which Allah will punish every believer in God and His Prophet."
[Islamic Education for Eighth Grade #576 p. 50]
· "Fill in the appropriate word from among the following: they, he, she:
______ is the commander of the Muslim forces in the capture of Jerusalem."
[Our Arabic Language for Second Grade , Part Two. # 513 p. 42]
The need to fight Israel, all of which is said to be on "occupied Arab land" becomes a religious imperative, with teachings like the following:
· "… if the enemy has conquered part of its land and those fighting for it are unable to repel the enemy, then Jihad becomes the individual religious duty of every Muslim man and woman, until the attack is successfully repulsed and the land liberated from conquest and to defend Muslim honor..."
[Islamic Education for Seventh Grade #564 p.108]
Impending Victory of Islam and the Arabs Over Israel and the West
Finally, the children are assured through their books that the victory of Islam and the Arabs over the Jews, Israel, and all religions are preordained eventualities:
· "Know, my son, that Palestine is your country... that its pure soil is drenched with the blood of martyrs … Just as this sacred soil returned to its owners [in the past], so will it return again thorough your courage and determination…"
[The accompanying map of "Palestine" includes all of Israel.- ed.]
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542. pp. 65-66]
· "Our brothers in Arab and Muslim countries felt the danger threatening us and joined with us in a noble Jihad... until the [Arab] Nation recruits its forces and there will be a Jihad and our country shall be freed, by Allah's will."
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542. p. 69]
- The final and inevitable result will be the victory of the Muslims over the Jews.
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade p. 67]
· "This religion will defeat all other religions and it will be disseminated, by Allah's will, through the Muslim Jihad fighters."
[ Islamic Education for Seventh Grade. p. 125]
· In the present period, which exceeds all previous periods in the material and scientific advances taking place, social, psychological and medical scientists in the West are perplexed by the worrying increase in the number of people suffering from nervous disorders... and the statistics from America in this matter are a clear indication of this…There is no escape from [the need for] a new civilization… The Western world is not capable of fulfilling this role…There is only one nation capable of discharging this task and that is our nation [Islam]... We do not claim that the collapse of Western civilization, and the transfer of the center of civilization to us [Islam] will happen in the next decade or two or even in fifty years, for the rise and fall of civilizations follow natural processes... Nevertheless [Western civilization] has begun to collapse and to become a pile of debris.
[Some Outstanding Examples of Our Civilization for Eleventh Grade p .3,12, 16]
Palestinian Authority Television
The promotion of violence against Israel is rampant on Palestinian television:
· "Jihad is the principle belief which will never end regardless of how many fall"
[Palestinian Authority TV, July 12, 1998]
…I came to you with my sword in hand…we will oust them [Israel] out to the sea. Your day is coming, conqueror, then we will settle accounts. Our accounts are unending in stones and bullets.
[Summer camp poem- Palestinian Authority TV, July 2, 1998]
· "My brothers! The oppressors [Israel -ed.] have overstepped the boundary. Therefore Jihad and sacrifice are a duty.… are we to let them steal its Arab nature… Draw your sword… let us gather for war with red blood and blazing fire…Death shall call and the sword shall be crazed from much slaughter … O Palestine, the youth will redeem your land…"
[Young Girl- Palestinian Authority TV, July 7, 1998]
[This is the same poem quoted above from a school book. PA television May 14, 1998]
· "…every child carries Palestine in his heart, and in his hands he has a stone, a gun and an olive branch…"
[PA television May 14, 1998]
· "This is our Palestine. We will defend it with blood."
[Phrase is "typed" and "declared" numerous times daily - PA television May 1998]
· A spliced segment shows a youth throwing a stone followed immediately by a segment of an Israeli soldier being hit by a large rock. The clip was repeated 6 times, one after the other.
[PA television May 18?, 1998]
Echoing the school books, the ultimate victory over Israel is also promised:
· [Following a map of "Palestine" that replaces Israel:]
"Palestine is the land of my forefathers
Get out of it. Go away! Go Away!
Oh occupier! You won't remain, you won't remain…"
[Phrase is "typed" and "declared" numerous times daily - PA television May 1998]
1e. Israel does not exist on maps. Its Place is marked - "Palestine."
- In books and in Schools
- On PA Television
The Palestinian Authority school books and television use a map of the Middle East in which
Israel does not exist and is replaced in its entirety by a state called "Palestine".
In Books and in Schools
Under the words on the blackboard "Our Country Palestine", this map replaces all of Israel
[Palestinian National Education for Second Grade #519 p. 21]
· To the right are giant maps of "Palestine" erasing Israel prominently displayed at the entrance to two PA schools.
[Palestinian Authority television.]
In the new world atlas the word Israel does not appear even once. The map of Palestine replaces all of Israel.
[Ed: - This atlas is privately published in Nablus in the Palestinian Autonomy and approved by the PA for the upcoming school year]
· Map entitled: "Map of Palestine before and after the war of 1967" The purple is defined as "The Arab lands conquered before 1967". The Green is defined as "The Arab lands conquered in 1967".
All of Israel is called "conquered Arab land"
[Modern Arab History and Contemporary Problems, Part Two, for Tenth Grade #613 p. 66] · Maps of the Middle East in which Israel does not exist and its area is marked "Palestine" appear on the following pages: 81, 84, 88, 89, 103, 107, 109, 110, 120, 122 and 124.
[Social And National Education for Fifth Grade, Part A #549 p. 107] · This map, which accompanies the lesson entitled "Palestine Our Homeland", encompasses all of the State of Israel and specifies numerous Israeli cities: Safed, Acre, Haifa, Tiberias, Nazareth, Bait Shean, Jaffa [southern Tel Aviv], Jerusalem and Beer-Sheba. - edit]
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade, # 542 p.64]
· "Palestine is situated at the very heart of the Arab Homeland, in the western part of the Continent of Asia, on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea."
[Palestinian National Education for Fifth Grade # 550 p. 7] · This drawing shows a woman waving the Palestinian Authority flag. In the background is a map of "Palestine" in place of all of Israel.
[National Palestinian Education for First Grade. # 509 p. 11]
· Nineteen times in this book, maps mark Israel as "Palestine". [Pages 12 , 20, 23, 36, 48, 50, 53, 55, 61, 66, 72, 73, 75, 80, 81, 88, 90, 115, 124]
[Geography of the Arab Homeland for Sixth Grade #557] On PA Television
Palestinian Authority television likewise displays the map of Palestine that erases all of Israel. This map appears at the beginning and end of daily news report.
A graphic image of the map depicted as a pulsating heart, dripping blood. This map appears at the start of a weekly broadcast.
1f. Israeli Cities are labeled Palestinian cities and Israel is "occupied Palestine." Section Index:
- Israeli Cities are Called Palestinian Cities
- Israel is "Occupied Palestine"
- Israeli industry is Presented as Palestinian Industry
- Palestinian Authority Television
The entire land of the State of Israel, its cities including its capital Jerusalem, are often treated as "Palestine" "Palestinian" or "occupied Palestine". Events that happened in Israel are often said to have occurred in "Palestine". Israeli industry, such as "the citrus fruit industry" and "oil refineries… in Haifa and Ashdod", are presented as Palestinian industry. Israeli Cities are Called Palestinian Cities
The following Israeli cities and regions are defined as Palestinian in one or more texts:
Safed, Tiberias, Haifa, Jaffa [a part of Tel Aviv], Ashdod, Nazareth, Beer Sheba, Bet Shean, Lod, Acre, the Negev, Shaar Hagai, Jezreel Valley, the Galilee and Southern Israel. Israel's border with Lebanon is "the border of occupied Palestine."
[All sources appear below.]
The following are examples:
· "After the River Jordan flows out of the Lake of Tiberias [Galilee] ... it passes on the west the plain of Bait Shean, which leads to the 'Bani 'Amer Valley', which has the best soil in the whole of Palestine…"
[Note: the said valley is the Jezrael Valley in northern Israel -ed]
[Geography of the Arab Lands for Twelfth Grade #650 p. 49] · "Explain the following: ... The plain of 'Bani 'Amer Valley' is the most fertile of Palestine."
[Note: the said valley is the Jezrael Valley in northern Israel -ed]
[Ibid. p. 55] · "Know, my son, that Palestine is your country ... its pure soil is drenched with the blood of martyrs because it is a land of glorious battles and wars: in Jerusalem … in Acre, in Haifa, … in Shaar Hagay … and in the Negev."
[Note: all are Israeli cities and regions -ed.]
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542 p.65-66] · "The Arab Homeland attracts tourism from all over the world. Some of the tourists come to visit the holy places, such as: Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth in Palestine…"
[Geography of the Arab Homeland for Sixth Grade #557 P. 79] · "Map of resorts: Palestine : Haifa " [Israeli city -ed.].
[Geography of the Arab Homeland for Sixth Grade #557 P. 83] · "Question: Jaffa is a Palestinian town captured by the Jews. Name three other Palestinian towns which were captured by the Jews."
[Note: Jaffa is an Israeli city- part of the municipal Tel Aviv -ed.]
[Our Arabic Language for Seventh Grade Part A #566 p.13] · "…There is nothing to remind us, Jaffa still exists …and our blood is still spattered on its ancient walls while the robbers and the locusts feed off its bare fields…the road is twisting and full of obstacles and long; the faint of heart will not endure long on it. Jaffa, we shall return to you tomorrow…"
[Note: Jaffa is an Israeli city- part of municipal Tel Aviv -ed.]
[Composition and Summarizing for Eighth Grade, # 581 p. 20] · "Beautiful Jaffa
…And I said: I am enchanted by Jaffa:
How good are the companions of Jaffa
Palestine, O good mother - your daughters are all beautiful and goodly
From afar the wind has borne me to Jaffa…
And I saw Lod spread out in the midst of its wells…"
[Note: Jaffa and Lod are Israeli cities -ed.]
[Reader And Literary Texts for Ninth Grade part 2. #592 Part Two Page 33] Israel is "Occupied Palestine"
· "Following the growth in the Palestinian presence in Lebanon at the beginning of the 1970's, and its armed uprising against the Israeli occupation of Palestine, Israel acted - in collaboration with the Lebanese Phalange Party - to remove the Palestinians from Lebanon. … Israel declared that its aim was to remove the danger of attacks of the resistance on Israeli settlements in Galilee in northern Palestine" [the Galilee is Northern Israel - edit] …
[Modern Arab History and Contemporary Problems, Part Two, for Tenth Grade, #613 p. 70] · "There is an additional problem arising from the fact that Israel is transferring water from the River Jordan to the south of Palestine."
[Ibid p. 91] · These forces, [the Christian South Lebanese Army -ed.] with Israel's help, took control of a number of Lebanese villages close to the border of occupied Palestine.
[Ibid p. 95] · There are migrations which take place because of the desire of the migrants to improve their economic standard of living, such as the migration to the Gulf area, and there are migrations that take place because of duress, such as that which took place from occupied Palestine.
[General Geography for Seventh Grade, #569 p 60] Israeli Industry is Presented as Palestinian Industry
The children are often taught that Israeli industry is Palestinian, as in these examples:
· Chart 38: Produce of Fruit Trees in the Arab Homeland: Palestine has the most citrus trees, in front of Morocco and Algeria.
[Geography of the Arab Lands for Twelfth Grade #650 p. 142] · Table No. 10: Oil Refineries in the Arab Homeland: "Palestine: 2 oil refineries, refining 132 thousand barrels, in Haifa and Ashdod."
[Ibid. p. 186] Palestinian Authority Television
Israeli cities are presented as Palestinian cities on PA TV, as well. A young girl recited this on a children's program:
· "…The land is my land
here is my house and I will build it…
with my blood I shall water it…
Haifa and Jaffa [part of Tel Aviv] and the land of Lod
Jerusalem calls out and that's Acre
calling for us…
In the Galilee we have a sister whom we salute…
and if Ashkelon calls out go find her…
shall we neglect the Galilee and Beer Sheva?"
[PA television March 3, 1998] A four minute clip presents young children building up and playing with a toy "Palestine", which is then destroyed to the narration of the following text:
· "Do you know what happened in 1948? They took everything! They emptied the room, broke the houses, they set fire to the forests, they changed the names… my country's name is Palestine."
[PA television, numerous broadcasts May 1998]
1g. Israel's capital, Jerusalem, is called: the capital of the "State of Palestine"
The Palestinian Authority school books teach their children that an independent "State of Palestine" already exists, independence day is celebrated yearly, and Israel's capital Jerusalem, is said to be the capital of "Palestine". Some examples: · "The Capital of Palestine:
Jihad asked the teacher: What is our capital?
The teacher: Jerusalem is our capital.
Jihad: Does it have other names?
The teacher: Yes. The blessed soil…
Questions: What is our capital?
Write [a composition on]: Jerusalem Our Capital."
[Palestinian National Education for First Grade. # 509 p. 63] · "Exercise: Distinguish between verb and noun clauses:
'The land is our land and Jerusalem is ours.'"
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542 p.74] · "Determine what is the subject, and what is the predicate, in the following sentences:
'Jerusalem is Arab.'"
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542 p.167] · "Muntasar paid a visit to Jerusalem...
Jerusalem: I am an ancient city, thousands years old. I occupy a mountain plateau in the center of Palestine..."
[Palestinian National Education for Third Grade #529 p. 12] · "The Proclamation of the Palestinian State:
At the nineteenth gathering of the Palestinian National Council in Algiers it declared [the adoption] of a document proclaiming Palestinian independence. The following are extracts from this document:
The Palestinian National Council declares in the name of Allah and the Palestinian nation the establishment of the state of Palestine on our Palestinian land whose capital is Jerusalem…"
[ Palestinian National Education for Fifth Grade # 550 p. 39] · "The second section will [bring] the general terms and administrative and legal institutions… in the State of Palestine." [Note: This book discusses the state structures of the "State of Palestine" using the expression "in the State of Palestine" at least twelve times. - ed.]
[Palestinian National Education for Sixth Grade # 596 - Introduction p. 6] · "The Greedy Designs of the Jews in Jerusalem"
"The Jews have clear greedy designs on Jerusalem. They believe that their state is not complete without Jerusalem as its capital, which is what they claim. The proof of this is that their Minister of Defense declared on the third day of the war of 1967, together with the Prime Minister, when both of them were standing by "al-Buraq", which they call the Western Wall: 'We have returned to you, Jerusalem, and we shall never part from you again. You are not just the capital of "Israel", but the capital of the entire Jewish People.'…
Thus do the Jews conspire, before the eyes and ears of the Arabs and the Muslims. What can we do to rescue Jerusalem and to liberate it from the thieving enemy…?
[Reader and Literary Texts for Eighth Grade.  P. 96, 99]
2. Education to Jihad - Holy War and Martyrdom
- Education to Jihad - Holy War
- Education to Martyrdom
Education to Jihad (Holy War)
Palestinian Authority (PA) school books praise and encourage the waging of Jihad - Holy War.
· "Jihad for Allah is one of the greatest commandments and duties of Islam, the purpose of which is to establish Allah's rule on Earth… Jihad is not an issue of need, necessary only at certain times, rather, it is an ever-present necessity which a Muslim society must never relinquish. Its abandonment brings weakness and humiliation and invites aggression."
[Islamic Education for Twelfth Grade # 641 p. 284, 139]
Fighting is the highest level of Jihad:
· "Jihad with of one's life: This is by fighting enemies… This is the highest level of Jihad because the Jihad fighter sacrifices himself in accordance with Allah's way for the sake of his religion and to defend his nation...
[Islamic Education for Seventh Grade, #564 p. 107]
The reward for Jihad:
· "The reward for shooting an arrow for Allah covers not only the archer, but also him, who made the arrow, as well as him who handed it to the archer…"
[Islamic Education for Twelfth Grade # 641 p. 319]
· "The Muslim believes in Allah and His Messenger and fights a Jihad for Allah with property and his life in order to please Allah and to earn a place in paradise on the day of resurrection… "
[Islamic Education for Seventh Grade, #564 p. 129]
The punishment for shirking Jihad:
· "These verses prove the superiority that is in Jihad for Allah's sake... and warned against evading a Jihad for Allah. …and a warning to the Muslims not to defy His word nor refrain from Jihad..."
[Islamic Education for Seventh Grade, #564 p. 124]
· "Islam has forbidden flight from the battle and regards this as a grave sin.
[Islamic Education for Eighth Grade #576 p. 176]
Jihad is promoted not only in books on Islamic studies, but in grammar, literature and civic studies as well:
· "Determine what is the subject, and what is the predicate, in the following sentences:
-The Jihad is a religious duty of every Muslim man and woman."
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542, p. 167]
Education to Martyrdom
PA text books glorify Martyrdom as an ideal to be sought. The fortunate are those who are killed - reaching "Martyrdom".
· "Martyrdom is when a Muslim is killed for the sake of Allah… A person who dies thus is called a "Martyr" [Shahid]... Martyrdom for Allah is the hope of all those who believe in Allah and have trust in His promises… The Martyr rejoices in the paradise that Allah has prepared for him…
[Islamic Education for Seventh Grade #564 p. 112]
· "The Muslim sacrifices himself for his faith and fights a Jihad for Allah. He does not know cowardice because he understands that the time of his death is already ordained and that his dying as a Martyr on the field of battle is preferable to dying in bed... "
[Islamic Education for Eighth Grade #576 p. 176]
· "...Martyred Jihad fighters are the most honored people, after the Prophets…"
[Reading And Literary Texts for Tenth Grade - #607 p. 103]
· "… competing with each other to achieve Martyrdom in the battle…"
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542, p. 193]
· "Martyrdom is life."
Reading And Literary Texts for Tenth Grade - #607 p. 171]
Numerous poems encourage the children to see themselves as future Jihad fighters seeking Martyrdom. Many school book poems have the word "Martyr" in their title, including the following poem which is in at least two grammar books [the children are instructed to learn the poem by heart] and was broadcast three times recently on PA television, read by different children.
· "Song of the Martyr
1 -I shall take my soul in my hand
and hurl it into the abyss of death [in war]…
5 -Upon your life, I see my death
and am marching speedily towards it
6 -Upon your life, this is the death of men
and he, who seeks an honorable death - this is that death."
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542. P. 60]
[Guide for Improving Arabic Language for Twelfth Grade" #719 p. 84]
[PA television, May 22, 1998]
[PA television, May 1998]
[PA television, May 1998]
The students are instructed to "learn the following poems by heart", as well:
· 'My Homeland'
…The youth will not tire,
They desire to be free or to perish
We draw our water from death
And we will not be as slaves to the enemy…
Our symbol is the 'sword' and the 'pen', but not 'words'...
[Palestinian National Education for First Grade. # 509 p. 67- 68]
·"O Muslims, Muslims, Muslims, where there are truth and justice there shall we be found. Death pleases us and we refuse to be humbled. How sweet is death for Allah...."
[Islamic Education for Sixth Grade #551 p. 151]
This poem: "We Are The Youth" expresses the same sentiment:
· "We are the youth and tomorrow is ours…
We shall march on despite death
We shall build, we shall not rely on others
We shall perish, but, we shall not be humbled…"
[Palestinian National Education for Third Grade #529 p. 70]
The Martyrs of the Intifada:
· ...They stoned with them [the stones], the wild animals of the way...
They died standing, burning with excitement...
Death attacked with raised pickaxe
Facing death, they stood erect...
[Reading and Literary Texts for Tenth Grade - #607 p. 167]
Grammar exercises likewise glorify Martyrdom:
· "Write five lines on the virtues of the Martyrs and their superior status."
[Our Arabic Language for Fifth Grade. # 542. p. 201]
The Jihad-Martyr concept is encouraged and glorified through many personal stories. The following are excerpts from a sixth grade school book:
· "The first words the young boy heard were the words "Jihad", "attack" and "conquest"…These words were constantly on his lips…'[The boy] Uqba grew up with the love of Jihad flowing through his veins and filling every fiber of his being.…... For him no joy equaled that of taking part in Jihad…Nothing gave him pleasure but the sight of swords and spears shining in the hands of the fighting horsemen. Nothing was pleasing to his ear but the sound of the horses charging into battle and nothing gave him joy but the sight of the enemy lying dead on the battlefield, or defeated and fleeing for their lives…Uqba showed heroism and courage … attacking them from his horse and hacking the enemy soldiers to pieces, coming down on them blow after blow, crushing their skulls…
[Uqba bin Nafi' or The Conqueror of Africa for Sixth Grade #700- p. 6-7, 43, 83, 96]
The entire content of this book is the glorification of war and Jihad. [See appendix]
the Israel Resource
- The Palestinian Authority Educational System
- International Aid for the PA Education System
- Additional Sources For In Depth Study
The Israel Resource Review is brought to you by
the Israel Resource, a media firm based at the Bet Agron Press Center in
Jerusalem, and the Gaza Media Center under the juristdiction of the Palestine
You can contact us on email@example.com.